Tuesday 24 November 2009

Seeing stars

For one of my first semester modules, Design Theory 2, I was to complete an assignment based on periodic tiling designs. The task was to split both a triangle and hexagon into a number of polygons and then use these polygons to create 12 periodic tilings. These tilings were to be designed to fit our chosen theme and end use, in my case, a Moroccon themed mosaic tiled patio table. I started by putting together a selection of inspiration pictures and creating a color palette suitable for my chosen theme. Using Photoshop, I then cut my polygons, filled them with my chosen colours and painstakingly created my 12 tilings. Finally, I produced a mock-up of what the final product would look like and a table of costs and method of production.



2 comments:

  1. WOW this is really good, you can definately see the Moroccon theme from the colours, and the table looks effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I'm currently a second year fashion design student at Leeds currently trying to do this assignment. I was wondering did you use one same square/triangle for each of your designs and just rotate and change the colour of them? Or did you use a different cut up square or triangle for each of the 6 tiles. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete